The following is a Special Information Supplement from our Featured Company sponsor Energy Tech Investor Forum Alternative Energy is not only changing your world, but also the venture investment landscape as we know it and could be the largest economic opportunity of the 21st century.The demand for efficient, clean and reliable energy in its many forms is responsible for creating opportunities across a variety of global economic sectors. The innovation and automation of the Energy industry have given rise to an important area of venture capital investment – the Energy Technology sector. Did you know?
- Cleantech Venture Network reported that North American venture capital investment in the cleantech category totaled $2.9 billion for 2006, representing a 78% increase over 2005 cleantech investment of $1.6 billion, and a 140% increase over 2004 investment of $1.2 billion.
- The surge in investments come from energy technologies related to energy generation, storage, recycling and waste, and transportation.
- By 2009, the Cleantech Venture Network estimates that clean technology companies will need abut $3.4 billion in capital investment.
- Mainstream venture capitalists, strategic and corporate investors have joined specialized energy funds and strategic investors that are placing increasingly bigger bets on energy technology companies Notable investors include Bill Gates, Steve Case, Paul Allen, John Doer, and some of the world’s largest companies, such as General Electric, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan Chase, Sharp, Toyota, BP, Shell Oil, and CalPERS.
Now in its fourth annual year, this premier event will once again bring together an illustrious faculty of leading corporate and strategic buyers from the energy technology community to share their perspective on investment opportunities, challenges and critical issues facing the industry today! Program Highlights Include:
- Market outlook – identifying the next wave of alternative energy tech deals
- Clean technology – What does all the hype mean to the sector?
- Energy efficiency & reliability – balancing environment and business requirements
- Investing in clean tech fund: The LP’s perspective
- Fossil and nuclear based fuels
- Clean tech, nano-materials & bio tech convergence
- Energy tech in the labs: getting breakthrough technologies out
- Liquidity, returns and exits in the renewable and alternative energy space
- Green tech investments – where is it today, what is the reality and where is it going?
- Sector focus: distributed energy, wind, solar & water, fuel Cells, biofuels, energy storage
Join us in San Jose this October, and learn what’s on the horizon for the next 12 months! Attending this conference will enable you to network with some of the most highly regarded names in the industry. It will be a unique opportunity to spend time with the industry’s key decision-makers, thought leaders, investors, and innovator. For more information, please visit: Energy Tech Investor Forum