Dyadic International, Inc. is a global biotechnology company that uses its patented and proprietary technologies to conduct research, development and commercial activities for the discovery, development, manufacture and sale of products and solutions for the bioenergy, industrial enzyme and biopharmaceutical industries.
140 Intracoastal Pointe Drive
Jupiter, Florida 33477
Pink Sheets: DYAI
Type of Technology(ies)
Patented and proprietary C1 platform technology based on a unique fungal microorganism which is programmable and scalable in producing enzymes and proteins in large quantities
Dyadic’s C1 platform technology is effective in producing enzymes from a broad variety of feedstocks
Dyadic’s C1 platform technology can be used to produce many types of biofuels including, but not limited to, cellulosic ethanol, biobutanol and biodiesel.
3 Top Milestones for 2010-12
- Entered into non-exclusive license agreement with Abengoa Bioenergy
- Reported record revenues and profits for fiscal year 2009
- Signed term sheet for potential exclusive outlicense of C1 technology for biopharmaceutical applications to EnGen Bio, Inc.
3 Major Milestone Goals for 2013-15
- Consummate additional licensing and other strategic collaborations to monetize Dyadic’s technologies
- Increase sales of industrial enzymes
- Consummate additional research and development collaborations
Business Model: (e.g. owner-operator, technology licensor, fee-based industry supplier, investor)
- Technology licensor
- Industrial enzyme sales
- Patented and proprietary C1 technology
- C1 platform technology is programmable (genome has been sequenced and annotated)
- C1 technology can produce enzymes and proteins on commercial scale (up to 150,000 liter fermentors)
- Dyadic provides partners with ability to license the C1 platform technology for in-house/on-site manufacturing of customized enzymes and proteins
Distribution, Research, Marketing or Production Partnerships or Alliances.
- Non-Exclusive License Agreement with Codexis Inc.for use of C1 technology for biofuels, chemicals and pharmaceutical intermediate production
- Non-Exclusive License Agreement with Abengoa Bioenergy New Technologies, Inc.for use of C1 technology for biofuels, chemicals and/or power production
- Non-binding term sheet with EnGen Bio, Inc. for potential outlicense of C1 technology for biopharmaceutical applications
- Multiple research partnerships
Dyadic has been producing enzymes in up to 150,000 liter fermentors for over a decade
Demonstration and soon-to-be commercial stage through Dyadic’s licensees and partners
Jim Lane is editor and publisher of Biofuels Digest where this article was originally published. Biofuels Digest is the most widely read Biofuels daily read by 14,000+ organizations. Subscribe here.