On Monday, it came to my attention that AltEnergyStocks.com’s email list was not functioning properly, and and our morning emails had not gone out for over a week. We have fixed the problem, email subscribers received an email containing all the articles we’d published since the the system stopped working. Since this may have inundated many of our subscribers, I’d like to provide a quick summary of each of the articles to help you pick and choose the ones you’d like to go back and read:
- EVs, Batteries and Tales From The Valley of Death John Petersen worries about Tesla’s (TSLA) chance of crossing the Valley of Death as it launches it’s “first credible commercial product.”
- Capstone Turbine Ramps Revenue, Earnings Not So Much Debra Fiakas questions Capstone Turbine (CPST) management’s ability to turn rapidly growing revenues into profits.
- Are IPOs good for early-stage companies and advanced biofuels? Jim Lane looks at how biofuel IPOs have fared, and compares the results to raising private money.
- Natural Gas Liquids are Following Natural Gas Off a Fracking Cliff Tom Konrad looks at how natural gas developers’ shift from “lean” to “rich” natural gas plays will affect the market for natural gas liquids (ethane, propane, butane, etc.)
- Rentech Retrenches Debra Fiakas CFA looks at Rentech (RTK) and wonders if the company can make its renewables business pay.
- Waterfurnace 7 Series vs. Climatemaster Trilogy Geothermal Heat Pumps: The Best of the Best Tom Konrad compares two new variable speed geothermal heat pumps from Waterfurnace (WFIFF) and Climatemaster (LXU). A comment made him revisit this analysis, and write an even more in-depth look at how well these impressive machines perform.
- Musings From The EV Black Knight John Petersen embraces the epithet “The EV Black Knight” and lists the reasons he’s skeptical about EVs.
- Voices from VODville: Lessons learned in the journey towards advanced biofuels Jim Lane draws lessons from how biofuels companies have negotiated the Valley of Death.
- How to Play the Solar Revival Tom Konrad uses a report from GTM Research as the basis for tips on which solar stocks to buy and when.
- 11 Clean Energy Stocks for 2012: July Update Tom Konrad looks at what’s happened to his eleven annual stock picks in the last month, and what the events mean.
- Alterra Power: Cash to Invest Tom Konrad notes that Alterra power has a much stronger balance sheet than many other renewable IPPs, but its valuation does not reflect this.
- Special Report on Drought and Biofuels Jim Lane looks at how the drought in much of the US will affect biofuels companies.
- Where’s Western Wind Energy’s Cash Grant? Tom Konrad investigates the fate of Western Wind’s delayed 1603 Cash Grant. A reduced grant has since been awarded (as he predicted), and the company is arguing the case in Wahington for the whole grant to be reinstated.
Also in this email:
- An Actively Managed Green ETF: HECO Tom Konrad looks at the case for active management in a green ETF, and looks at past performance (really!) for the recently launched Huntington EcoLogical Strategy ETF (NYSE:HECO.)
Sorry for any inconvenience the delayed emails caused readers.
Tom Konrad, CFA