Tom Konrad, Ph.D.
This continues a series of entries on opportunities in solar stocks, based on a panel at Solar 2009. The first article introduced the panelists, and took a look at the solar sector as a whole. The others focus on individual companies.
- Investors remain bullish on thin film technologies such as CdTe (First Solar’s technology.)
- CdTe currently has the lowest cost, but it may not have long term sustainability.
Peter Lynch on First Solar (FSLR)
- If First Solar ever stumbles, gravity will take over. They could fall 50% in a day.
- They are up too high with the P/E’s, which is why they are difficult to invest in.
- They have a differentiating factor- the lowest cost- and investors like that.
DISCLAIMER: The information and trades provided here and in the comments are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to buy or sell any of these securities. Investing involves substantial risk and you should evaluate your own risk levels before you make any investment. Past results are not an indication of future performance. Please take the time to read the full disclaimer here.