The Best Peak Oil Investments: Peak Oil Stock Lists
Four new stock lists for different
approaches to profit from peak oil.
As I've researched and written this series on ways to invest in companies that will profit from peak oil, I've been greatly expanding the number of stocks in our old "Clean Transportation" stock list, at the same time I've been doing a lot of thinking about how these companies will fare. Because of this, I've decided to split Clean Transportation into four groups of similar companies, depending on how they are working to reduce our dependence on oil.
The new stock categories are:
- Efficient Vehicle Stocks - Companies that help increase the fuel efficiency of vehicles, including hybrid electric and electric vehicles. I wrote about efficient vehicle stocks in Part X.
- Alternative Transportation - Transportation options that use less fuel per passenger-mile or freight-mile than traditional options. Includes mass transit (both rail and bus), bicycles, and two wheel vehicles.) I plan to look into several types of alternative transport in future articles in this series.
- Smart Transportation - Companies that help the transportation system operate more efficiently with the use of information technology, including smart traffic control systems, road pricing, and satellite navigation. Part XIII will be an overview of Smart Transportation and Smart Transportation stocks, and I intend to look into these companies more deeply in future articles.
- Natural Gas Vehicles - Companies helping transition to Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). I looked at Natural Gas Vehicle stocks in part III.
In addition to these four new categories, we have several other
lists that are relevant to peak oil, many of which have been expanded
as I researched this ongoing series.
- Biofuel Stocks (see Parts I and V)
- Biomass Stocks (see Parts I and IV)
- Coal-To-Liquids Stocks (see Part IV )
- Battery Stocks (see Part II)
- Hydrogen Stocks (see Part II)
If you know of exchange-listed companies that aren't on these lists,
but should be, please let me know in the comments. It's a
constant endeavor to keep these lists up to date.
DISCLOSURE: No positions.
DISCLAIMER: The information and trades provided here are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to buy or sell any of these securities. Investing involves substantial risk and you should evaluate your own risk levels before you make any investment. Past results are not an indication of future performance. Please take the time to read the full disclaimer here.
|Tweet||Add to Flipboard Magazine.|